NAIOP Silicon Valley Chapter In-Person Event Policy
The NAIOP Silicon Valley Chapter (hereinafter referred to as “NAIOP Silicon Valley”) is committed to protecting persons attending in-person association meetings and events, including members, staff, guests, vendors, and other support personnel such as security guards, AV technicians, food service workers and the like (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Attendees”). All in-person events are hosted in accordance with the health & safety policies as mandated by the city and state in which the event is hosted, at the time of the event (i.e. attendance limits, social distancing, mask requirements, etc.).
By registering and attending a NAIOP Silicon Valley event, you (the Attendee), agree and attest to the following statements:
- I agree to assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with attending the NAIOP Silicon Valley event for which I am registering and as a result, agree to release and hold harmless NAIOP Silicon Valley, HollandParlette (association management), its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- Specifically relating to the global COVID-19 pandemic, I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure or infection by attending the event for which I am registering, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death to attendee. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others who may attend the event or their families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of NAIOP Silicon Valley, HollandParlette (association management), its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the event.
- I agree to follow the policies and procedures approved by NAIOP Silicon Valley when attending the event, at the time of the event. This may include, but is not limited to, wearing a facial covering indoors at all times, when not actively eating or drinking and providing proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, if requested. Event procedures are subject to change, as NAIOP Silicon Valley continues to monitor and follow state and local guidelines for safe in-person events.
- I agree that I will not attend the event, if I have had contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or associated variants within 14 days of the date of the event. Close physical contact is defined as being within 6 feet of an infected/symptomatic person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 48 hours before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic individuals, 48 hours prior to test specimen collection).
- I agree that I will not attend the event, if I have experienced the symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, severe headache, muscle pain or weakness, sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath or congestion) within 14 days of the date of the event.