The Silicon Valley Chapter of NAIOP has grown from a small association to its current membership of 125 members. Growth has been accompanied by the recognition that NAIOP members need to be heard on the public policy issues that affect them. As a result, NAIOP-SV has positioned itself to be the leader among those who are committed to reducing the disproportionate tax burden imposed on commercial and industrial property in Silicon Valley.
The goals of NAIOP Silicon Valley’s public affairs efforts are:
- To protect the commercial real estate industry from increasing taxes, fees and regulations
- To advocate and lobby for reduction of business property taxes
- To support candidates at the state and local level who share the industry's goal of reducing business property taxes
- To collaborate with other organizations and associations to promote items of common interest
- To educate the community about the contribution the industry makes to the state's tax base and the economy in general
- To research and disseminate information relative to the positioning of the industry and comparisons with other states